In November 1916, just four months after his arrival in Australia, Father Considine purchased the present site (on which stood an open-air movie theatre) for £1500. The first building erected was a Church-School in 1917.
In 1930 Fr Considine commissioned architect C Glancy to prepare plans for our wonderful Church, a replica of the famous Church of St Madeleine in Paris, with which Fr Considine had fallen in love on a visit to Paris.
- 1916 – 1941 Fr John P Considine
- 1942 – 1957 Fr Charles Nolan
- 1957 – 1979 Fr John Ferrari
- 1979 – 1985 Fr John McRae
- 1985 – 2001 Fr Joseph Camilleri
- 2001 – 2012 Fr Joseph Le Van Trong
- 2013 – Fr Patrick Njenga (Administrator)
- 2014 – 2016 Fr Anthony Mifsud
- 2017 – Present Fr Kim Ha
Taking the Holy Family as our model, St Joseph’s Catholic Parish Enfield, is striving to build a loving, supporting and respectful faith community. We are open every day. Visitors are welcome…